Search engine optimization is an incredibly complicated subject. The more you explore SEO, the more you’ll find yourself overwhelmed with all manner of terminology. However, on the surface, it is in fact rather simple. And once you understand the basic principles of SEO, the bigger picture becomes far clearer and thus easier to digest.
In this article, we’re going to talk about the main principle of SEO: meaningful growth.
What is SEO?
SEO, in the simplest terms, is the process of optimising your website and content creation in order to improve your chances at appearing higher up in the search results for your focus keywords.
That’s it in a nutshell.
Of course, we all know that there’s far more to it than that. But, what does it really mean?
It’s about meaningful growth…
Let’s break SEO down into three core parts
- Technical / onsite SEO
- Content marketing.
- Offsite SEO.
The above three points are the core aspects of SEO.
- Technical / onsite SEO refers to the server and website optimizations that make your website easier to crawl and index by Google. It’s also about boosting your website performance in every area, highlighting the key products and services that you offer (by way of focus keywords), and making your website as intuitive and user-friendly as possible.
- Content marketing is the process of creating high-value content within your niche that addresses all of the biggest questions and concerns that your audience is most interested in.
- Offsite SEO refers to link building and the many other offsite efforts such as guest posting that contribute to your wider online awareness and SEO campaign.
And what do all of the three core aspects above have in common? Putting your best foot forward.
If you want to rank well in SEO, you need to prove to Google that you are the right website for them to position in front of their users based on your focus keywords.
The only way to do that is through meaningful growth:
- You improve your website and make it airtight. You create a seamless on-page experience; you speed up its load time; you optimise for the appropriate keywords; and you populate it with relevant content that provides your visitors with a solution.
- Then you continue to create and share awesome, high-value content that helps your audience.
- And finally, you attract quality links from relevant and reputable websites to essentially ‘vouch’ for your authenticity.
Everything points towards making life easier for your user – and indeed helping Google to identify who you are.
It really is as simple as that.
If you make your website the best that it can be; you create content to the best of your abilities; and you attract links from the very best websites in your industry, you’ll be well on your way to dominating your industry and sitting pretty in the top spots of Google.
Of course, we’ve made it sound so simple, right?
In theory, it really is.
The problem is: proper SEO is incredibly time and resource intensive. Technical and onsite SEO is a difficult and on-going process, as is creating high-value content, consistently and building an awesome backlink profile.
Hire a digital marketing agency in Dubai that has a proven reputation for helping businesses like yours succeed. That way, you can focus your precious time on meaningful growth.